FULL-TIME BOSTON, MA
As the Production Specialist at Square Robot, Inc. you will be part of a talented team working on our autonomous mobile robotic solutions for Oil and Gas infrastructure inspections. In this role you will be leading in the mechanical assembly, test and development of our product line. A broad technical skill set with a deep expertise in mechanical craftsmanship is key for this position. The ideal candidate has a strong hands on mindset, with an equally strong commitment to produce quality work that is both well documented and well built. This role includes working closely with members of our engineering and management teams to foster a collaborative environment.
- Participate in and lead the assembly of our robotic inspection vehicles
- Develop assembly, test and production documentation to ensure consistent and correct results from the production process
- Complete fabrication tasks as needed to specification
- Manage the Production and R&D facilities to ensure tooling, consumables, cleanliness are all maintained at high standards
- Be an active and collaborative participant in communicating schedule throughout the production timeline
- Maintain and grow a collaborative work environment within a cross-functional team
- Able to travel to customer facilities to participate in test events for 1-2 week durations, multiple times per calendar year.
- 6-8 years of professional experience with robotic or other complex electromechanical systems
- Demonstrated proficiency with Solidworks 3D parametric CAD for information retrieval and red-line creation
- PDM or PLM system fluency, including participation in the change control process.
- Demonstrated comprehension for interpreting shop drawings and fabrication specifications, such as GD&T and accepted drafting practices.
- Mechanical assembly experience using hand tools
- Demonstrated prototyping and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A passion for robotics and innovation
- Manufacturing and assembly processes such as composite construction, CNC machining, sheet metal fabrication and additive manufacturing systems
- Experience with Hazardous Location certification experience using a NRTL
- Demonstrated track record of exceptional individual performance in a fast paced environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in highly integrated team environments under schedule and cost pressures
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Only direct applicants will be considered.
Square Robot, Inc. is located in the Greater Boston Area no relocation assistance will be provided.
Square Robot, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Square Robot, Inc. will not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Interested? Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com