SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
FULL-TIME BOSTON, MA
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer at Square Robot, Inc. you will be part of a talented team working on our autonomous mobile robotic solutions for Oil and Gas infrastructure inspections. In this role you will be guiding the mechanical design of our robot. A broad technical skill set with a deep expertise in mechanical engineering for mobile robotic systems or subsea equipment are excellent indicators for success. The ideal candidate for this position has a strong theoretical skill set as well as a “hands on” component that is that allows them to go from concept to production. This role includes working closely with members of our engineering and management teams to foster a collaborative environment.
- To develop creative and cost effective mechanical designs that operate in hazardous locations and harsh environments
- Creation of documentation of designs for production, fabrication, assembly and maintenance using best practices and accepted standards.
- Creation of shop drawings, fabrication specifications and assembly guides
- Establish and maintain accurate estimates for both cost and schedule.
- Regular and thorough communication detailing project process
- Support manufacturing and subsystem testing through the build process
- Maintain and grow a collaborative work environment within a cross-functional team
- Able to travel to customer facilities to participate in test events for 1-2 week long durations, multiple times per calendar year.
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 6-8 years of professional experience with robotic or other complex electromechanical systems
- Demonstrated excellence with Solidworks 3-D parametric CAD on large scale assembly projects.
- PDM or PLM system fluency, preferably with implementation experience
- ASME Y14.5 and ISO standards, GD&T and accepted drafting practices.
- Manufacturing and assembly processes such as composite construction, CNC machining, sheet metal fabrication and additive manufacturing systems
- Mechanical assembly experience using hand tools
- Demonstrated prototyping and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A passion for robotics and innovation
- Experience with Hazardous Location certification experience using a NRTL
- Demonstrated track record of exceptional individual performance in a fast paced environment
- Attention to details
- Ability to work in highly integrated team environments under schedule and cost pressures
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Only direct applicants will be considered.
Square Robot, Inc. is located in the Greater Boston Area no relocation assistance will be provided.
Square Robot, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Square Robot, Inc. will not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Interested? Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org