FULL-TIME BOSTON, MA
As an Senior Roboticist at Square Robot Inc. you will be part of a talented team working on our autonomous mobile robotic solutions for Oil and Gas infrastructure inspections. In this role you will be guiding the systematic design of our robot. A broad technical skill set with a deep expertise in controls, system engineering, or software engineering are excellent indicators for success. A key aspect of this role is to ensure that user centric design, regulatory requirements, and functional engineering processes are equally represented in the final vehicleproduct. This role includes working closely with members of our engineering and management teams to foster a collaborative environment.
- Guide and capture overall system architecture
- Design and implement control systems for autonomous mobile platforms
- Develop and maintain system requirements and specifications
- Lead prototyping and implementation solutions using a mix of COTS and new designs
- Schematic capture and documentation of prototype design efforts to enable manufacturing
- Participate in risk management and design control activities
- Participate in design reviews and document development activities
- Coordinate regulatory compliance activities through overall system certification
- Design and run verification and validation test protocols
- Support manufacturing and subsystem testing through the build process
- Participate in field testing activities, including travel to customer sites
- MS or BS in Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 4-6 years of professional experience with robotic or other complex electromechanical systems
- Electrical system design and analysis experience
- PCB design experience
- Mechanical assembly experience using hand tools
- Demonstrated prototyping and troubleshooting skills
- A passion for robotics and innovation
- Versatility in other functional engineering disciplines (Mechanical and Software Engineering)
- Experience with Hazardous Location certification experience using a NRTL
- Demonstrated track record of exceptional individual performance in a fast paced environment
- Interaction design
- Attention to details
- Ability to work in highly integrated team environments
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Only direct applicants will be considered.
Square Robot, Inc. is located in the Greater Boston Area no relocation assistance will be provided.
Square Robot, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Square Robot, Inc. will not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.